Saturday, October 10, 2015

Not in the clear just yet...

We have had a great week -- and Cannon seemed to be doing well until yesterday. At first, we thought he was just sweating. His shirt was damp. Cannon called me this morning since I'm traveling and I said how are you and he answered, "I'm sweating like a pig." After the sweating continued, and upon further examination, we realized his incision was leaking. Cue mom's full blown panic mode. 

Turns out he was leaking CSF. Thank God we were able to get him to CHOP into the ER and he was seen by the neurologist on call. He had to get an additional 10 stitches and some glue to hopefully seal him up. However, the doctor warned that he really needs to take it easy because there's only about a 50/50 chance that the sutures will work. If they don't work, they said he will need to be hospitalized and they will have to put in a drain to remove the excess fluid. 

I'm writing this on the plane as I was in Seattle for Soft Bones, and now I'm rushing back to Philly to be with my little guy. I can't get there soon enough. 

Thank you for those of you who continue to pray for Cannon and our family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment